Friday, September 10, 2010

An appearance

Hi everyone, I'm wide open tonight. Drinking tomato juice and watching Big Brother After Dark. I'll probably have dark circles for the judge tomorrow, but that's okay cause it's Friday!!!

Anyway, I've gotten a second job. I'll be moonlighting as a hotel desk clerk. Sounds really fun to me. Not that I have a lot of extra time, but I do have a lot of extra bills. Having a lot of kidney stones can get expensive even with insurance!! But I'm soooooooooo thankful for Lithotripsy (or however it's spelled). I could have gotten a side job doing some social workey stuff, but I'm saturated with that so I thought NAH.

The weather has been beautiful here. We've been getting furloughed at work as a "budget balancing measure" so I had a four day weekend last week. Honey took off work too and we did a lot of yard work and house work and watched a whole season of Weeds. SO irreverent and so funny. I didn't even feel a minute of guilt LoL. I was proud of that.

Therapy is going amazingly well. I know that the reason I've stopped writing is because I'm a place in my writing were I had very difficult suicide attempt. I realize I'm not ready to talk about it and that's really okay. I was just 13, but what a powerful time in my life. I can't decide whether I should skip that part and pick up after that so I can keep writing or wait until I can write about it. I'm definitely open to votes. Skip and write or wait. (I reserve the right to make the final vote LoL).

So what else is going on? My son is in love. Love definitely looks good on him. He's cute. The sad thing is that I'm concerned about his girlfriend and her family. I don't think he chose to fall in love with her. I don't really know them, ... only by reputation and the jail website. Not good news. We've talked about the issues and tried to set some boundaries, but he will be 18 next May and I really don't want to force him to become "private" about his relationship with her. (I call it secretive, he prefers the word private Hahahaha).

I hope everyone is well and thank all of you who are following this blog. I see there are some new comers and hope this blog helps someone in some small way. You all are the best and have been SO good for me.
I'm gonna go see what some of you have been writing about and hope to hear from a bunch of you soon!!

Sleep tight Blogger Friends!!! Babs. 





 

4 comments:

Paula, With all my heart said...

Glad to hear from you. I am happy your therapy is going well. As far as the vote I don't really have a say one way or the there except to say do only what is right for you and we will all be here to support you no matter what.

jodilee0123 said...

That's my thought! Do what's right for you! I love whatever you write--then or now! ;0) I should talk--it takes me forever to update my own blog. I have a lot to say--just can't say it. I think you know what I mean! :0) Your story does help my whole entire new family! You are a saving grace! Thanks Babs!

Babs said...

See, this is why I love ya'll. Nuff said!

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

You have to process and cope and write when YOU are ready...not when WE want you to. Writing about "Now" is always a great option.

As for kidney stones...THEY ABSOLUTELY SUCK! Been there, done that. Lithotripsy and all! I pray that gets a ton better!